Answerpoints Terms and Conditions
Answerpoints is a division of Aurora Market Research Limited.
These Terms and Conditions govern and apply to your use of Answerpoints' services, including, but not limited to, (1) membership with the Answerpoints panel, (2) use of and/or access to the Panel website, (3) participation in any survey or study offered, provided, hosted or administered by or through Answerpoints and (4) your eligibility for, and/or redemption of, rewards, incentives and prizes offered for certain actions and activities, including, but not limited to, successfully completing surveys.
2. Agreement with Terms and Conditions
When you join Answerpoints we ask you to agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms you will not be able to be a member of the Answerpoints panel.
Aurora Market Research is free to modify these terms and conditions at any time, and the most up to date version can be viewed at any time on the site. By continuing to access, use and/or participate in the Services, you hereby expressly agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms.
Answerpoints reserves the right to refuse, restrict, prohibit or reject your access to, use of, and/or participation in the Services, at any time and for any reason.
3. Privacy Information
At Answerpoints, we take the privacy of your personal information very seriously.
For optimal navigation of the Answerpoints site, session cookies will be stored on your machine.
5. Membership Eligibility
Panel membership is generally open to individuals who satisfy the requirements for membership, including, but not limited to, the minimum age requirement (of being aged 16 or over) and geographic location requirement (of living in the United Kingdom). We only allow one member per unique email address. Answerpoints may refuse to provide the Services to anyone, at any time and for any reason or no reason.
6. Use of the Services
The Services are for personal, non-commercial use. You may use the Services only when and as available. Answerpoints reserves the right to change, modify or eliminate, and/or restrict or block access to, all or any part of the Services, without notice, at any time, for any reason or for no reason.
Answerpoints provides Panel members with the opportunity to participate in surveys. Participation in surveys is voluntary. By agreeing to become a Panel member, you agree to receive invitations to participate in surveys.
7. Panel Registration and Passwords
You may access our Website as a visitor without registering for membership with the Panel associated with the Website and without providing or disclosing personal information.
In order to register as a Panel member, you must register with or for the Panel and provide certain personal information. Panel members are required to truthfully provide all information. Answerpoints reserves the right to restrict or prohibit your use of, access to and/or participation in the Services if you provide, or Answerpoints reasonably suspects that you have provided, information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete.
Panel members are solely responsible for the security of their user names and passwords and will be solely liable and responsible for any use, whether authorized or unauthorized, of their membership accounts. Answerpoints strongly recommends against the use of a social security number, financial account number or any other identification or account number, as a user name or password.
Panel membership is specific to the individual who registers for membership with the Panel.
We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your account, which includes unauthorised use of your email address, password and reward redemption.
8. Unauthorized Uses
You agree not to:
(i) use spiders, robots or other automated data mining techniques to catalogue, download, store or otherwise reproduce or distribute data or content available in connection with the Services, or to manipulate the results of any survey, prize draw or contest;
(ii) take any action to interfere with any Website(s) or an individual's use of any Website, including, but not limited to, by overloading, "flooding", "mail bombing" or "crashing" any Website;
(iii) send or transmit any viruses, corrupted data or any other harmful, disruptive or destructive code, file or information, including, but not limited to, spyware;
(iv) collect any personally identifiable information of or about any other user of the Services;
(v) send unsolicited emails, including, but not limited to, promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
(vi) open, use, or maintain more than one (1) membership account with a Panel;
(vii) forge or mask your true identity;
(viii) frame a portion(s) of any website within another website or alter the appearance of any website;
(ix) establish links from any other website to any page of, on or located within any Website or to the Services, without the prior express written permission of Answerpoints;
(x) post or transmit any threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, lewd, scandalous or inflammatory material or content or any material or content that could otherwise violate Applicable Laws (as defined herein);
(xi) engage in any fraudulent activity, including, but not limited to, speeding through surveys, taking the same survey more than once, masking or forging your identity, submitting false information during the registration process, submitting false or untrue survey data, redeeming or attempting to redeem rewards, prizes and/or incentives through false or fraudulent means, and tampering with surveys;
(xii) reverse engineer any aspect of the Services or do any act or take any action that might reveal or disclose the source code, or bypass or circumvent measurers or controls utilized to prohibit, restrict or limit access to any webpage, content or code, except as expressly permitted by Applicable Laws;
(xiii) engage in any criminal or illegal act(s);
(xiv) use Restricted Content (as defined herein) in violation or breach of these Terms;
9. Restricted Content
In connection with your use of, access to and/or participation in the Services, you may have the opportunity to review or access confidential and proprietary information, materials, products and content ("Restricted Content") belonging to Answerpoints and/or Answerpoints' clients, partners and/or licensors. Restricted Content is and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of the owner of the Restricted Content.
In no event shall you obtain or receive any right, title and/or interest in or to any Restricted Content. You agree to protect the confidentiality and secrecy of the Restricted Content and you agree not to modify, copy, reproduce, republish, display, transmit, distribute, reverse engineer, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise use, alter or transfer Restricted Content without the prior express written consent of Answerpoints.
You acknowledge and agree that Restricted Content may be subject to, and protected by, intellectual property laws, regulations and codes.
You further acknowledge and agree that if you breach or otherwise violate the restrictions, limitations and prohibitions contained in this Section, in addition to any other rights or remedies available to Answerpoints, Answerpoints reserves the right to terminate, prohibit or restrict your use of, access to and/or participation in the Services.
10. Terms governing the use of the Answerpoints panel website
The following terms govern the use of this website, and, if you do not agree to be bound by them, please leave the website now:
- This part of the Answerpoints panel website has been put together to comply with English law; it is intended to be accessed by residents of the United Kingdom. All visits to this part of the website shall be governed by English law.
- No permission to copy, reproduce, modify, or download this website (or any part of it) is given other than a single copy for personal use or reference.
- All trademarks used on this website belong to Answerpoints, Aurora Market Research or the registered proprietor of such trademarks. All rights relating to such trademarks, copyright, and any other intellectual property rights are reserved for Aurora Market Research or the organisation contributing the relevant materials.
- Any information on this website is up-to-date at the time it is posted but is subject to subsequent variation, without notice. The information on this website is also intended for general information purposes only. The views and opinions expressed on the website are not necessarily those of Answerpoints or Aurora Market Research.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information on this website, no guarantee is given and Aurora Market Research accepts no responsibility or liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained within the website, which is provided on an "as is" basis. Aurora Market Research shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages whatsoever arising out of your use of this website.
- Any third-party software which may be downloaded from a website operated by a third party (whether referred to on or linked to this website) is the responsibility of that party and not of Aurora Market Research who shall have no responsibility or liability arising in respect of any loss, damage, viruses, or otherwise arising as a result of the downloading by you of such software.
- Where this website is hypertext linked to any website operated by any third party, Aurora Market Research accepts no responsibility or liability arising in respect of any content on such website. Any mention of products or companies should not be understood by you as being an endorsement of, or a statement of affiliation with, any such products or companies.
- We regard the creation of more than one account as fraudulent and if we feel this is the case we will have to remove you from the panel. If you think that you may have created multiple accounts by mistake, please email email@example.com
Using the Internet to collect and process data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this web site and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal of personal data in this way.
We will award you Answerpoints for completing surveys for us. There are a set number of points needed to obtain a reward. This will be subject to change but Aurora Market Research will ensure that a range of offers is always available. Answerpoints have no cash value. Answerpoints are not transferable between accounts.
All rewards are subject to availability. Redeemed points cannot be used again. Rewards may be refused or cancelled.
13. Prize draw rules
The prize draws will be conducted by Answerpoints, a division of Aurora Market Research.
Any member of the Answerpoints panel who has converted Answerpoints into prize draw entries will be entered into the prize draw. Winners will be selected at random by computer.
Prizes awarded may vary each prize draw. Full details of the next draw will be published on the web site.
The prize draws are open to UK residents aged 16 or over. Persons connected with Aurora Market Research are ineligible.
Winners will be notified by email usually within seven days of the end of the prize draw and on at least three separate occasions by email and or post. However, the prize must be claimed in writing (post or email) within 60 days of the prize draw winner being notified. Unclaimed prizes will be deemed void. Winners will be required to provide proof of identity to be eligible for the prize.
Aurora Market Research reserves the right to be able to list previous prize draw winners on the Answerpoints panel website or in promotional literature. Details will be limited to title, surname and the county in which you reside. We may request photographs, though these will be optional. No other identifying details will be revealed.
Aurora Market Research reserves the right to amend the details and terms and conditions of the prize draw at any time.
Aurora Market Research reserves the right to provide alternative prizes to those detailed of an equal or greater value. Aurora Market Research also reserves the right not to provide cash alternatives.
No correspondence will be entered into.
14. Other member benefits
Answerpoints will continually be looking to provide panellists with other member benefits and choices in the future.
Further details of these benefits will be emailed to all registered panellists as they become available.
Terms and Conditions, relating to these benefits should they be different to those stated above, will be detailed in full at the time the benefits are announced in both email communication and on the members' login pages.
15. Monitoring of telephone calls and e-mails
Your telephone calls and e-mails to us may be recorded and monitored for quality control purposes. We may also intercept communications made to individual members of staff at Aurora Market Research when this is required for business purposes.
16. Links to other websites
The site may contain links to other websites. Aurora Market Research is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices or the content of any websites which are linked to the site.
17. Inactive Members
Any member of the Answerpoints panel who does not respond to any surveys in a twelve month period will be sent an invitation to a survey, and reminded of this survey. Those that do not respond to this survey will be classed as inactive. Aurora Market Research reserves the right to reset the Answerpoints balance of inactive panellists to 0.
18. Termination conditions
Participants may terminate their own membership at any time in any of the following ways:
- By logging in in to the Answerpoints website (www.answerpoints.co.uk) using your username (your registered email address) and password. Once logged in, select the “Contact Us” tab and click on the link to unsubscribe which can be found below the contact form.
- By clicking on the unsubscribe link on any email you receive from Answerpoints
- By contacting our Data Protection Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
After ending his/her membership, the participant forfeits the right to payment of his/her survey incentives. The user should therefore ensure that their final payment is requested before membership is cancelled. Payment of sums corresponding to less than the minimum exchangeable number of points cannot, even in the case of a membership cancellation, be made.
19. Changes to the Answerpoints panel
The panel, the points programme and the information, products and services found on the website are subject to change at any time, without notice or liability.
20. Further information
For more information please contact:
Aurora Market Research Ltd.
Unit 315 Vox Studios
1-45 Durham Street